TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney

QUESTION TO ZDN LAW ONLY Hello, I have a new question

I have a new question for you... The judge has issued an order wuth a clerical mistake. The first name of the Plaintiff is wrong in the caption, so I have a new opponent now... ( kidding). Can I file a 1.540 (a) motion (FL) ? You may tell me this mistake is not important, why bother, but I have a very good reason for that, just don't want to complicate here....

Thank you for your question.

Is this the first time that the caption was wrong, or has the Plaintiff been using an incorrect caption from the beginning?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the caption of the Plaintiff was always OK, he actually filed a new motion after with his correct captio, this is an order of the judge who did the mistake ( one more... )

Then you are exactly right. It would be a Motion for Correction of Order under Rule 1.540.