BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.
73280834

Can council members take contract from a company which they

Can council members take contract from a company which they won when companies were bidding and give it to one of the council members business?

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you.

BizIPEsq. :

Question: Can you please specify which council you are referring to and the general nature of the contract in question?

Customer:

hi i am reffering to council members native reserve town.The town officals giving out civil contracts

BizIPEsq. :

If the contract was won properly as part of an official bidding process and then simply yanked away then that would go against the rules of proper and ethical governance. At times when these types of shenanigans happen the political powers at be have a special way of disqualifying winners by making all sort of unreasonable demands, as an example or changing the bidding process midway.

BizIPEsq. :

I think that if you have cleat proof that the council members have to benefit themselves then you should consider either filing a complaint with the tribal police or if is your company then you likely have standing to file a civil action for damages in tribal court.

BizIPEsq. :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Customer:

Thank you for answer

Customer:

Thank you for the answer

Customer:

Also is it a conflict of interest when council member gets direct contracts and has so much advantage on civil work,where other companies sometime dont recieve anything to bid when there is available work.Kinda looks like council has favoritism