Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Ok Paul, check this out. precursor charge. Update we replaced

Ok Paul, check this out. precursor charge. Update we replaced the first PD, he wouldn't do a discovery. We filed one and this is when we found out about the recording of the interview with the officer after the arrest by warrant. That PD had the recording for awhile and never mentioned it. So then the Judge denied our discovery we filed. Got appointed a new attorney, Mr. Solo attorney. We tell him the officer lied on the warrant affidavit. He doesn't want to fight it, but we are pushing him along. His answer to our last letter. He received the letter contacted the county attorney to check on dates for deposition of officer. then the Motions ect. if the motions are not successful we proceed to jury trial. new paragraph when county attorney makes a plea prior to deps. it is consider withdrawn once deps are taken. So the offer of suspended sentence and probation. Still the felony charge, Thats me stating that fact. He may take the position he is free to recommend up to the max. I will let you know the dates so you can attend. letter dated the !!th. Next day get another letter dated the 12th. Depositions in your case April 26th 2013, 9:30 am clayton county court house. You should be present. letter april 17th copy of notice of additional witnesses in your case. We call attorney the day before, not in office, they didn't know what to tell us. The next day, april 26th 9:30 am courthouse. Nothing! Nobody! They are looking at us like we are nuts. We leave. On the 30th I pull out the file online. The attorney, our attorney filed a motion to take depositions, and filed a discovery, asking for about the same stuff we did. His is granted. Ours was denied. It seems like those letters he sent, he figured he would scare them into taking the plea by saying, Ok taking deps, then pleas off table. That didn't happen. Haven't heard anything since those letters. And didn't get any copies of what he has filed or gonna file nothing. So my question is "What the f**k is going on here!!" Lol
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the new question and for asking for me.

When a prosecutor makes a plea offer that offer remains in place until the prosecutor tells the defendant it is no longer available. So if the prosecutor has not yet told you it was no longer available, the plea agreement is still out there.

Evidently something the attorney filed he filed properly, since discovery in a criminal case cannot be denied, that is part of your due process and your Brady rights. What is going on now is your attorney needs to be contacted to find out that now discovery has been approved when is it taking place.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why did the judge deny the discovery when we filed it? And why would our attorney tell us deps were the 26th when they were not? And shouldn't your attorney discuss and send copies of stuff he is doing and filing?

Thank you for your response. I really do not know why the judge denied your discovery, that would require hearing the judge's ruling on the discovery motion. It may have been improperly filed or improperly formatted, but I really do not know and I would be guessing to tell you that one.

The attorney does not have to send you everything they file or tell you everything they are doing, but they should communicate with you at reasonable intervals to keep you up to date with what is going on and that is all the Rules of Professional Conduct mandate them to do.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.