BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.

Corporation/LLC Non-Compliance? I requested income verification

Customer Question

Corporation/LLC Non-Compliance?

I requested income verification for another party in a child support matter - which they are legally obligated to comply with per ARS 25-513. They refused to comply saying it "was their policy not to release information on employees." I have since subpoenaed (which I should not have had to do, but was easier them Motion to Compel)

I intended to file a compliant of non-compliance with Arizona law to the Az Corporation Commission, however now I see that they are only a LLC, not a corporation. Is there a regulatory authority for LLCs?

It is likely that I will need to have income verified in my family case in the future, likely with this same employer. How can I get them to adhere to the law outside of taking them to Court (which is expensive and time consuming)
Category: Business Law
Expert:  BizIPEsq. replied 3 years ago.

BizIPEsq. :

hello, I will be assisting you

BizIPEsq. :

in Arizona both corporations and LLCs are governed by the Secretary of State

BizIPEsq. :

though both types of entities are governed by two set of statutes nonetheless the obligation to comply with a subpoena request

BizIPEsq. :

let me review with the relevant statutes

BizIPEsq. :

please bear with me as I log off

Customer :

Were you able to find?