MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.

If you buy a picture from, can you use the image

If you buy a picture from, can you use the image on anything including a product that would be resold?
I always thought that istock paid for the rights.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you.The answer to your question lies in the whatever the terms of the sale from iphoto to you are. Per their terms of sale listed on their website, you cannot use an image on something you are reselling if you purchased a standard license. If you purchased an Extended License, you can use it on only certain products and there are restrictions in addition to the type of product. You can find the specifics on their website at the following page: let me know if you need any additional information.