MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.

my husbands name has been attached to a corporation judgement

my husbands name has been attached to a corporation judgement of which he was never
a shareholder or paid employee. It was his fathers company and they somehow added him to it . Is this legal, and how can i get it removed
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Just to be sure - he never had an interest in the company?

How long ago was this judgment entered?

Is his father's name and his very similar?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is this going to cost me more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did you get first message

Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
No. I answer your question and then you rate my answer. But you are only charged for the one question till I completely answer it.

How long ago was this judgment entered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have replied to your 3 question s twice already i would rate you good service so far

Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

How long ago was this judgment entered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

in 2009 and my husband is a JR

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
OK, that is the only difference between their names - your husband is a Jr.

If that be the case - how specifically is the judgment listed?

Does it have Jr. on the judgment? OR just the father name without Sr or Jr?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it just has both persons first and last name, no middle name or Sr. or Jr

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have relisted your question but you have stated that the answer came too late even though your expert has not yet given you an answer. Are you still needing an answer or do you want the website's moderators to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i would appreciate an answer it is after 5pm where I am,so I didnt know if you closed. i would love an anwer

thank you

Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
Each expert has their own schedule :) The expert that was assisting you is offline at the moment. You can choose to wait and keep working with him or I or another expert can try to help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

either way will it be today?

Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
I have no way of knowing when the expert who was working with you will be on again. I am online right now as are many other legal experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok your fine

Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
Okay.The previous expert asked you if your husband was ever involved in the company and I do not see that you responded to that question. I need to know the answer to that. Also, it seems that you are stating that your husband's name was attached to the judgment in error because of them having the same name. Is this correct? How did he come to find out that his name was on the judgment, exactly? Lastly, what has been done to this point to correct the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he did work there but was not a share holder or part owner in the company.

Yes and I believe they did it out of spite because they knew that he worked for him for a while

we were trying to sell some property and this popped up.tried calling the company and the lawyer they told us to call but i believe the company wrote off the debt and his law firm bought it to see if he could collect something.the company closed several years ago

Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
Who is "they" and what is it that you believe "they" did out of spite?Are you saying that the judgment showed up on your husband's credit report? If yes, are you saying that it is showing up as being reported by a collection agency (rather than from a court)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is showing up on the property we are trying to sell.when i said they i was referring to the original company that his father owed money to .

when the title company did their research they informed us .it is not a lien ,it is showing up as a judgement.i do not belive it is on his credit report as we just purchased a house

Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
If it's not a lien and not on his credit report, then I am not sure what you mean when you say thing it is showing up on the property you are trying to sell. There is no way for the plaintiff/creditor to have put something on the property knowing that it is not the same person. Your original question was whether it was legal and your second question was how to remove it. The answer to the first question is that it is not illegal if it is a mistake. This type of mistake happens all of the time with people who have the same name. You first need to find out what exactly it is that is showing up. You say that the title company says that it is not a lien and so it sounds like the title company was telling you that there is a potential for a lien on the property, correct? If this is the case, the only way to get it fixes is to go through the court. He needs to file a motion asking the court to have the original judgment have it state that it was Sr. and not Jr. He can easily prove this through the different SS numbers. Also, he should check his credit reports to make sure that the judgment is not also showing up on there.Please let me know if you need any additional information.
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience: Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.