How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MDLaw Your Own Question
MDLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6121
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MDLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I want to file a libel suit, pro se, against someone who

Resolved Question:

If I want to file a libel suit, pro se, against someone who lives in Los Angeles, 90041, in which court should it be filed ? I live in Oregon and the suit would be due to libelous "feedback" that the defendant left for me on eBay.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you.

If their address is in Los Angeles county, you would want to file suit in Los Angeles county. It would most likely be a small claims case in which case you would want to file it in small claims court. Here is the link to the LA Superior Court:

You can find the forms on that site.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with you. My goal is to ensure that your question has been satisfactorily answered.
MDLaw and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions