Hello- this is the same issue but I have added some details that may make a difference.
- Z LIGHTS AND FURNITURE is a small family owned furniture retail store in business
since 1993. Z is a retailer of Calligaris USA products (Beds, Dining Sets & Stools) for about 20 years.
- Calligaris closed Z account in a letter dated July 2nd, 2012 (effective July 30th) giving Z less than amonth to complete any bending orders. No reason whatso ever was stated in the letter. Aapparently Calligaris believes it has no contractual obligations to Z . Mr. Ghassan Saoud President of Z was told by Mr. Ken Loh (Sales Representative of Calligaris) Calligaris closed the account because it decided to do business with a new potentially larger retailer in Washington DC and wants to channel the business through the new store.
Z believes it has a contractual relationship with Calligaris and not just occasional orders placed with them because of :
Calligaris requested Z to promote and advertise its products. Z displayed the product in its Alexandria & Washington DC stores and online at zfurniture.com. Calligaris insisted on a minimum number of items to be displayed in the Z store at all times (Beds & Dining Sets) and occasionally inspected & enforced the policy. Confirming Z Retailer status and its contractual obligations to Calligaris.
- Calligaris designed its products display in the Z store.
- Z Also spent thousands of Dollars on advertising
Calligaris brand & products in print and online at Google, Yahoo & Bing. All this with Calligaris urging & knowledge.
- Calligaris web site www.calligaris .it listed Z as a trusted retailer of its products.
- Calligaris enforced its MAP policy (Minimum Advertised Price) on Z, again confirming Z Retailer status and its contractual obligations to Calligaris.
- Z staff received Factory training on displaying & selling the Calligaris line, again confirming Z Retailer status and its contractual obligations to Calligaris.
- Z is a small family owned business and had agreed to invest its limited resources on promoting the Calligaris brand & products with the explicit understanding it will be able to sell Calligaris products.
- Calligaris terminated Z account giving it less than 4 weeks even though it may take up to a year or more to realize the benefit of advertising Z had spent in term of received business.
- Z had lost and continues to lose Thousands of dollars in business because of the unjustified termination action by Calligaris.
- Z was forced to close its Washington DC store (open for 18 years) at the end of February 2013 partially as a result of losing the Calligaris business.