CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.

Business law question. does my website address/URL need to

Business law question. does my website address/URL need to match my company name? What if it incorporates 1 word from my company name? Thanks in advance for your input.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I should have selected a faster answer time line. Great lawyer.
Dear Customer, your URL does not need to match your company name. Even if you incorporate, the URL will not need to match (the URL would become the property (an asset) of the corporation, but the name does not need to be the same.

I am sorry for the slow response, but I hope that this is helpful.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great thank you for answering. But can use a different logo to match the name of the second website? Or the logo comes has to be the same as the company name.

You can use the different URL, but if you are providing services under a different name, you will need to register a DBA or incorporate a subsidiary corporation for your existing corporation, while using a URL is one thing, you cannot conduct business under a second name.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for the kind rating, it is greatly appreciated. I wish you the best of luck with this matter. If you have further questions regarding this type of issue, or any other legal matter, please do not hesitate to use our service in the future. You may post a question for any of our experts in general, or to me directly by titling your question “To CalAttorney 2…” or using the link:

Best regards, and thank you,