BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.
73280834

Can a medical doctor hire a chiropractor in OBS?

TheLegalistEsq :

Hello, I will assisting you. I assume the chiropractor is registered in NY. Let me review this question. I will need to log off and do some research about multi-disciplinary medical practices. Please bear with me.

Customer:

Not a problem. OBS means Office Base Surgery

TheLegalistEsq :

Thank you for waiting. A physician is permitted to hire a chiropractor but under certain restrictions. 1) The chiropractor can only be delegated responsibilities within the scope of their license and they must refuse all other delegated work, 2) the owner / supervising physician must have some level of professional competence in the services the chiropractor will be providing. In fact it is required that the owner / supervising physician is trained as an osteopath, physiatrist, orthopedic specialist or has had additional training in manual therapy, 3) The chiropractor cannot have "complete control" over patients beyond their scope as a chiropractor, 4) chiropractor may provide x-ray services as part of their employment.

TheLegalistEsq :

From these principles you can extrapolate whether a chiropractor will be able to assist in the procedures that will be conducted. For additional information see this info sheet by the NY Office of Professions.

TheLegalistEsq :

Please rate my service. Thank you for using Just Answer

Customer:

Thank you very much

TheLegalistEsq :

You are welcome. Please rate my service.