How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BizIPEsq. Your Own Question
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 996
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
BizIPEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am into cellphone rental business. If a customer does not

This answer was rated:

I am into cellphone rental business. If a customer does not return company's cell, can I sue her/ him to get money back? what if he/ she moves to different address?what if my customer is an international student? All I have of him is his I-20 and civis number, address?
You can always sue a customer who did not return a phone that you rented to them. It will help in court if you have a rental agreement that spells out the obligations of the customer.
As far as the international student, there isn't much you can do other than sue the student and serve him/her with court papers at their last known address.
Many rental companies try and avoid such situations by keeping a security deposit or having a hold charge on a credit card or factoring in losses as part of the margins of the business. Generally, you can deduct such losses.
Please rate my answer. Good luck!
BizIPEsq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you