BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.
73280834

My status currently is F-1. I wanna open a small shop in

My status currently is F-1. I wanna open a small shop in Orange County, US. Is there anyway I can register?In case, I can not. I wanna ask my friend to have her name registered but to be sure, does a contract work on this situation? guarantee I wont get issue in future?Or My sis just had a temporary working status but she does not apply ssn yet. I dont wanna wait that long for apply, Can I let her sign contract with my friend?Any way does this kind of contract exist legally?
Generally speaking, anyone can own equity in a company or register a company in the US regardless of immigration status, however you can only work for the company if you have the correct work visa. Therefore as an F-1 one can be a shareholder / owner of a company but one cannot work for the company. Generally. an F-1 owner can employ others to work for the company provided they have are proper work authorization
So you can own the company and have your friend work for the company. To the extent that your sister's status permits her to work for such a company, she can too.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks very much, thats all I need
You are welcome. Please rate my answer. All the best