CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.

Does a foreign corporation that has all of its income and expenses

Does a foreign corporation that has all of its income and expenses outside the United States but is owned by a US citizen have to file a tax return with the IRS

Attorney William B. :

Dear Customer, the foreign corporation does not have to file taxes within the US (under the circumstances you describe, i.e. no income, expenses, or assets in the U.S.). The corporate shareholders would have to report any gain or loss on their shares depending on how the corporation is structured (this is different from the corporate profit).

Attorney William B. :

I hope that the above information is helpful, if you have any questions, please use the “Reply to Expert Link” and I will follow up promptly. Once you are satisfied with your answer, please rate my service by clicking on the “OK” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” buttons, if you believe my service is anything less than “OK” please stop and tell me what additional information or clarification you need to make your experience satisfactory.

If you have any further questions, or if I missed or misunderstood what you were asking, please do ask and I will follow up promptly, You may continue to follow up if further questions arise even after rating my response.