Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .

Can you point me to a good description of "substantial Completion"

Can you point me to a good description of "substantial Completion" as related to a construction project>
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

As a general rule, it will be a term which is defined in the agreement. However, most agreements will define it as triggered by the issuance of a certificate of occupancy by the city or county or a certificate of completion from the architect. There will also usually be a provision for the completion of minor items on a punchlist.

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.

Thank you.