BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.
73280834

Can one business give out another business number to a potential

Can one business give out another business' number to a potential client for the sole purpose of obtaining a price and undercutting that price

TheLegalistEsq :

Hello, I will be assisting you.

TheLegalistEsq :

This is a difficult question in that you need to assess the damages to you? If your pricing information is publicly available or at least available upon inquiry then it would be difficult to say how you were harmed.

Customer:

Pricing is available if inquired. But their sales pitch is that we can not give you a price until you call this number and get a written price, then we will beat that price by 750 dollars no matter what.

Customer:

I just want to know if that is legal or just UN-ethical. If legal I will retaliate in another way, but if illegal I will go to an attorney.

Customer:

r u still there

TheLegalistEsq :

apologies was having an issue with my internet. I'm back now.

TheLegalistEsq :

It is legal and many stores offer a price guarantee do exactly that.

Customer:

No problem Thanks I will handle it a different way.

TheLegalistEsq :

If you ever decided to sue them may claim fraud in the inducement or unfair competition if your state permits such a cause of action (CA for example)