BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.
73280834

Can a business owner in a partnership be fired or forced out

Can a business owner in a partnership be fired or forced out by employees?
Can employees sue a business with the intention of removing one owner, instead of cash compensation?

TheLegalistEsq :

Hello, I will be assisting you.

TheLegalistEsq :

A partner is a partnership has an ownership share whereas employees of the partnership do not have an ownership share. Therefore, an employee has no standing to remove a partner in any manner.

TheLegalistEsq :

Employees can sue a business under limited causes of action. For example if their salary was not paid or if there was some sort of employment discrimination

Customer:

what if (two partners, 50/50) one of the partners wants the other out of the partnership?

TheLegalistEsq :

This is a different question. I will answer briefly but under the terms of this service you are supposed to start a new question. The partner can either buy out the other if both agree on a price or dissolve the partnership and liquidate the assets

Customer:

for legal issues, is harassment or volatile working conditions cause for a legal action or only discrimination?

TheLegalistEsq :

harassment is a cause of action upon which employees can sue. As far as "volatile conditions" in legal terms this is called a hostile work environment and an employee can sue but generally only in the context of discrimination

Customer:

that answers the partnership, I do have a few other questions regarding that, but will ask as a new question.

TheLegalistEsq :

Please request me and I will be happy to assist

Customer:

I get it, you can't sue just because he is an a$$ to everyone... does not discriminate, but if it is to the point of harassment then there would be a case.

TheLegalistEsq :

I think you summarized it perfectly...

TheLegalistEsq :

also there are limited grounds for discrimination. Generally they include religion, sex, race, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy and the likes.

TheLegalistEsq :

Please rate my answer. Thank you for using Just Answer.