Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

Question re: private equity fund structure - distributions.

Customer Question

Question re: private equity fund structure - distributions. I need an attorney experienced in PPM preparation for private equity fund offerings to take a look at the two paragraph "distributions" section, and suggest wording for, A) a "fund-wide distribution approach" rather than a "deal-by-deal" distribution approach, and B) change the wording to eliminate the current "catch up" right for the GP, to a GP promote with their 20% carried interest always being subordinate to both return of capital and return on capital for the LP's.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. If you will either post the paragraphs in this forum or somewhere on the internet where I can pull up the link, I'll be happy to look at them for you.