Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

If I close my PLLC in NH, and start a new LLC in MA. I have

If I close my PLLC in NH, and start a new LLC in MA. I have separate EIN and registered the companies separately under each state. Also separate checking and payroll accounts. Also my vendors are separate.
What is the most important thing that I can do additionally to assure that the two entities are disassociated from each other legally in preparation of dissolution of the NH company?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

An individual can own multiple business entities without having the business entities being liable to the others for any reasons. The key is separation of assets. Thus, you are already doing what is needed, you are separating accounts of the two companies, you are not commingling funds of the two companies, you are not using one company to pay the bills of the other company and you are keeping separate corporate records. These are all things the courts look at in determining whether or not a company is separate or a part of another entity.

As you have separated the new LLC completely, you are now ready at any time you like to dissolve the NH LLC.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.