Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I just got this from the court, it was filed from the judge

I just got this from the court, it was filed from the judge the day of our court date last tuesday
and it stated
"on this date the court conducted a sue sponte review of the pleadings on file in this adversary proceeding. the court notes that, in violation of the scheduling order and in derogation of the pre-trail order approved in this case, the plaintiffs, xxxxx, filed an amended complaint on march 25th, 2013 without leave of court. in light of that improper action, and without reference to the good faith by which the complaint may have been filed, just cause exists for entry of the following order

it is therefore ordered that the plaintiffs' fourth amended complaint filed in this cause on march 25th 2013 is hereby stricken
"

what does it mean? I had no idea my lawyer filed any complaint, other than we were having an issue with def not really answer anything in our discovery request.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

What this means is that the last amended pleading that was filed in the court is not going to be allowed and is going to be removed from the court record. Thus, if your attorney filed an amended complaint in the court and it was beyond the time allowed for by the court, then the court is saying they will not recognize that amended complaint.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”