Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA
19958803

Just found out that one of our security officers went to the

Just found out that one of our security officers went to the wrong site and remained at the wrong site down the street where he was to work at. 2 hours later our client contacted our supervisor and then we contacted the guard and directed him to the correct location. The guard was given the correct address, he just went to the wrong location. We are not going to bill our client and I do not want to pay the security officer (our employee) for the two (2) hours that he was at the wrong location. Is that ok? The security officer did have the correct address. Do we have to still pay the security guard for the 2 hours he was at the wrong location?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
If he was dispatched to the correct location and went somewhere else by his own mistake, then I would opine that he wasn't "on the job" where he was scheduled to be. With that said if someone isn't on the job due to their own mistake, then they shouldn't be compensated because he wasn't providing the agreed on services under his employment agreement.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.