Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

I HAVE RECENTLY FOUND OUT MY PARTNER IN MY CORPORATION IS CHANGING

I HAVE RECENTLY FOUND OUT MY PARTNER IN MY CORPORATION IS CHANGING INVOICES FOR LESS INCOME THAT IS COLLECTED ON CASH JOBS. I HAVE ALL INFORMATION IN WRITING BECAUSE HE HAS KEPT A PROFIT BOOK THAT I HAVE CONFISCATED. IN ONE MONTH I CAN PROVE THAT HE HAS NOT REPORTED 2588.00 IN CASH JOBS HE HAS DONE. WHAT TYPE OF ATTORNEY DO I NEED TO PROCEED LITIGATION? I HAVE LOANED THE BUSINESS OVER THE PAST YEAR OVER 50,000 DUE TO TAX ISSUES AND HAVE NOT TAKEN A DIME. I HAVE ASKED HIM NUMEROUS TIMES OVER THE PAST YEAR TO SUPPLY ME WITH ALL INVOICES AND STILL HAS NOT DONE IT TO DATE.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. You have two courses of action you can pursue. On the civil side, he is guilty of usurpation of corporate opportunity, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud. That gives you the right to file a civil suit for both your actual damages plus punitive damages due to his intentional bad faith and fraud. For this case, you will want to hire a commercial trial attorney. Under my terms of service with JustAnswer, I'm not allowed to make a specific recommendation, but I can give you direction. You would want to either contact the state bar association or your nearest law school for a referral. I prefer the latter because they take great pride in their graduates and will take a more personal interest in making sure your referral is a good one because it will be a reflection of the school. Two, this is also criminal activity and you can contact the district attorney's office and pursue criminal prosecution of your partner.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you should I still confront him witb the rest of documentation or let attorney handle it?

You're welcome...it's my pleasure. I think at this stage, I would let an attorney handle this. This will avoid the risk of this becoming confrontational. Plus, I would not give him the head's up....rather, make sure the attorney has everything he/she needs before springing this on him.