Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA
19958803

Is it a conflict of intrest for me to be the trustee of my

Is it a conflict of intrest for me to be the trustee of my father-in-laws trust. I am not a beneficiery but my wife is named as beneficiery. Therefor I profit indirectly from the trust.
Hello again,
.
No, absolutely not. A trustee can be literally any person the grantor wants to name, including beneficiaries. In fact, it is extremely common for a direct beneficiary to be named as the Trustee in a family situation.
.
So there is nothing improper or in conflict for you to be named as Trustee of FIL's trust.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.