How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 36226
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the successor trustee of an irrevocable trust. The trust

This answer was rated:

I am the successor trustee of an irrevocable trust. The trust is funded only with real property. There is a possible challenge to the trust. As the trustee can I sell all or part of the real property to cover legal expenses.


Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
Typically yes, you would have the power to liquidate trust assets in order to pay for legal representation necessary to defend the trust from challengers. A trustee normally has the power to take any actions necessary to ensure that the trust is upheld and the directives of the trust are followed. The powers specifically granted to the trustee are noted in the trust document itself and normally say something to the effect that the Trustee is granted the authority to take all reasonable measures to protect the trust.






Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.


If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.


I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Barrister and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions