Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I am currently located in Kentucky. A few months ago, I

Customer Question

I am currently located in Kentucky.

A few months ago, I did business with an online travel agent (through the mail, internet, and phone) in Albany, NY. Needless to say, that did not go well. I am looking to retain counsel and file suit. The travel agency's main office is in NJ (and that is where they are incorporated). The office I dealt with was in Albany.

Question: where do I sue them (NY, NJ, NY) because I'd have to retain a lawyer in that state, right?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 3 years ago.

FiveStarLaw :

*Nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.*

FiveStarLaw :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is FiveStarLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

FiveStarLaw :

Your Question - where do I sue them (NY, NJ, NY) because I'd have to retain a lawyer in that state, right?

My Answer - You may file suit in either New York or New Jersey. You would retain a lawyer in the state in which you choose to file suit

Explanation - Suit may be filed any state in which the company has an office

FiveStarLaw :

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.