Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

Can I use my social security no as employee ID? As my company

Can I use my social security no as employee ID? As my company use that.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. If you are a single member LLC, it's possible you may not need to obtain an EIN for the LLC. Pursuant to the IRS guidelines for single-member entities:

"For federal income tax purposes, a single-member LLC classified as a disregarded entity generally must use the owner's social security number (SSN) or EIN for all information returns and reporting related to income tax. For example, if a disregarded entity LLC that is owned by an individual is required to provide a Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, the W-9 should provide the owner’s SSN or EIN, not the LLC’s EIN.
However, for certain Employment Tax and Excise Tax requirements discussed below, the EIN of the LLC must be used instead. Therefore, an LLC will need an EIN if it has any employees or if it will be required to file any of the excise tax forms listed below. Thus, most new single-member LLCs classified as disregarded entities will need to obtain an EIN. An LLC applies for an EIN by filing Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number. See Form SS-4 for information on applying for an EIN.
A single-member LLC that is a disregarded entity that does not have employees and does not have an excise tax liability does not need an EIN. It should use the name and TIN of the single member owner for federal tax purposes. However, if a single-member LLC, whose taxable income and loss will be reported by the single member owner, nevertheless needs an EIN to open a bank account or if state tax law requires the single-member LLC to have a federal EIN, then the LLC can apply for and obtain an EIN."
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So as I'm the only employee in LLC, so I could just use my SSN, no need to apply EIN. Right?

Yes, that is correct. :)
Thank you for the positive rating! I appreciate that!