RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced attorney providing diverse business law advice.
71277549

Is it permissible for the president of a non-profit organization

Is it permissible for the president of a non-profit organization incorporated in New Jersey to serve on the organizations nominating committee which selects future officers including the future president? The bylaws do not stipulate that he/she can serve on the nominating committee.

RESPONDER9 :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com. I will attempt to answer your question as I see you are a positive user of the service. I see no legal restriction preventing this, but the American Bar Association Coordinating Committee on Nonprofit Governance states such a committee should have independent directors as a suggestion(not legal requirement). Thank you for your question and I ask that you kindly rate me positively after reading this or the service will not pay me for my work. Thank you.

Hi Phil, I have converted to this format to insure you can see my response. Chris