Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations

I am self employed and have begun to need to consider writing

I am self employed and have begun to need to consider writing 1099's for people that i am sub contracting per se. Do i need to register as a DBA, or something similar in order to do this?
My goal is to provide you with excellent service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m going to assist you with your question.

No, you don't need to be a registerd DBA - just the fact that you are operating a business regardless if a sole proprietor you must issue them a 1099 form if you paid more than $600 throughout the entire year for the services provided.

You can use your ein (or social security) number as the issuer of the 1099.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…

You can always ask for me in your question, “This question is for Law Pro . . (then on with your question) . . . .

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted :) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you.

Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated by JustAnswer for assisting you. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!