MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

WE HAVE

Customer Question

WE HAVE RENTED THE SAME OFFICE SPACE FOR THE PAST 20 YRS. NEVER LATE ON RENT. ALWAYS EARLY. THE NEW PROPERTY MANAGER IS HARRASSING US TO SIGN A NEW LEASE. CAN THEY FORCE US TO SIGN A LEASE. WE HAVE NOT HAD A RENEWED LEASE FOR 19 YRS. THANK YOU. XXXXX WHITE
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. No, they cannot force you to sign a new lease, but you cannot force them to continue leasing the property to you either. If you and the new landlord cannot agree on lease terms, they can decide to terminate your tenancy and you would have no recourse because you do not have a lease, just as you could decide you want to move and the landlord could not force you to stay, again, because you have no lease. I want to make sure I have answered your questions. Please let me know if this does not answer your questions or if you have any follow up questions. If I have answered your questions, please positively rate my answers.
Frank, I want to make sure I have answered your questions. Please let me know if this does not answer your questions or if you have any follow up questions. If I have answered your questions, please positively rate my answers.