Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

More of an Entertainment Law question. We are separating from

More of an Entertainment Law question. We are separating from someone with whom we co created several shows with. We all want recognition for the work done since neither of us have had that victory in Hollywood yet, but do not want to give recognition to contributors that could cause legal issues related to "co creation" etc and lead to either monetary rewards and/or claim to ownership. So in the shows we keep, she would be "X" and we would own creator rights and in her shows Vice Versa. I need a good label to use that will allow her to "impress" others should our show make it and hers do not. Is the title of "Advisor" ok to put in writing and not expose these potential Reality shows to claims by her.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

You are putting this all down in writing and everyone agreeing to such (as to whom keeps the intellectual property rights, etc.) - correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Good.

It's all in the loftiness of the characterization or title - nothing else then?

Has she given you any indication of the "title" she would like to have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She hasnt asked for anything and has stated in writing and to 3 people she wants no credit. However she did do a filing with the WGA before we agreed to separate The show has changed well over 20% since that filing and the owner of the show never had a written agreement with her. But today we have an unprofessional signed agreement with her, created by her Attorney. We signed, she gave us money but has not given us a copy with her signature. Then she asked if we could add a little blurb so she can someday feel good about all the work she put in. Out of goodwill we said sure you can be a token reference and Advisor was one that sounds big but hopefully isnt. If there is another name that could work then great.

Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
OK, I just wanted to make sure and you confirmed my thoughts.

Advisor/adviser or consultant - those are the only two that I can come up with that don't reflect or have more legal meaning.

both mean exactly the same thing without an ownership nor denotes and ownership interest

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted :) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you.

Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated by JustAnswer for assiting you. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Law Pro, Attorney
Experience: 20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations