TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney

can a parcel of real estate be lawfully conveyed to a cancelled

can a parcel of real estate be lawfully conveyed to a cancelled California LLC, after it has been cancelled. please cite the law or case law that supports your answer.

Thank you for your question. A California LLC which has been cancelled is not able to hold title to real estate as the entity no longer exists.

I will locate the case law/statutory provision which supports my answer and respond back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I ask another question while I am waiting on your answer

A corporation which voluntarily dissolves continues to exist only for the purpose of winding up its business. Cal. Civ. Code § 399.

Bank of Alameda County v. McColgan, 69 Cal. App. 2d 464 (Cal. App. 1945)

What we can infer from this law is that if the LLC has been dissolved (canceled), then it may not have property transferred to it unless it is for the special purpose of winding up its business.

Please let me know if you have other questions or need clarification. Please also remember to rate my answer positively so that I am compensated for my work by the website.