TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney

my husband & I own a small shop. He didnt file for the sales

my husband & I own a small shop. He didn't file for the sales tax with the Board of Equalization for the past 3 quarters & we got revocation notice. The reason he didn't file was business was very slow and we could hardly make rent and survive. We got visited by an agent. have an appt to go c him next week. what are our options? Can we ask for a pmnt plan?

What state are you in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

You can file a request for relief from a penalty by registering as an "eClient" and then selecting and fillling out the section for "request for relief from penalty".

After doing this, you should contact the BOE and follow up with them for relief and request a payment plan. While the BOE is not obligated to do so, if this is your first violation they will likely allow you to get onto a payment plan.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!