MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

I live in Dallas County in Irving Texas. My neighbor just called

Customer Question

I live in Dallas County in Irving Texas. My neighbor just called me, I am currently at work and informed me that someone was outside my home trying to serve me papers. the person said they had been trying to serve me papers for a while but they can not because my gait is locked, so they can not get to the front door. The only thing I can think this is related to is credit card debit. There is nothing else outstanding.
How can I find out who is trying to serve me papers and if a law suit has been filed against me?
Is there a way to find out online?
What happens if they can not serve me, do they get a default judgment against me?

Thanks John
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You can find out if a suit is pending against you by contact the court clerk for your county. Here is the contact information:
509 Main St., Suite 200, Dallas, TX 75202
8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
County Clerk John F. Warren - 214-653-7099
Administration - 214-653-7441
Civil Section - 214-653-7441

If you are not served personally, the plaintiff will serve you via alternate service, which can include leaving a copy of the complaint on your door or at your place of business, whereby you would be considered served. If served and you fail to answer, a default judgment could be entered against you. Please let me know if this does not answer your question, or if you have any follow up questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there anyway to find out on line?

Unfortunately not, your county does not publish case information by name, you would need to have the case number to search online.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need additional guidance.
Do you have any follow up questions? If I have answered your questions, please remember to rate my answers positively. I do not receive any credit for answering your questions unless you positively rate my answers.