William B. Esq.
William B. Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing and advising HOAs, businesses, and individuals.
71563194

Hello My good friend from Russia ask me to open a company

Hello
My good friend from Russia ask me to open a company throughout online registration www.bizfilings.com and open business account for it also.
Than again throughout online registration change my name to my friends name.
Is it legal? What kind of consequence can I get?
I already have my own company.
Thank you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  William B. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Attorney William B. :

Dear Customer,

There is nothing inherently illegal about setting up a website for a friend. However, if you have concerns about the friend's use of the website (and a friend who has very specific requests for setting up a "strawman" website is one that you should have very serious questions about), you need to look into it carefully. If you are found to be aiding in the commission of a crime or a criminal enterprise (particularly one involving multiple countries), you can be in very serious trouble, the scope of which would depend on what type of activity you are involved in.
I cannot provide you with specific legal advice or instruction, but it would be wise to be very cautious when approached with a request like this.

I hope that the above information is helpful, if you have any questions, please use the “Reply to Expert Link” and I will follow up promptly. Once you are satisfied with your answer, please rate my service by clicking on the “OK” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” buttons, if you believe my service is anything less than “OK” please stop and tell me what additional information or clarification you need to make your experience satisfactory.

If you have any further questions, or if I missed or misunderstood what you were asking, please do ask and I will follow up promptly.

William B. Esq., Attorney
Experience: I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing and advising HOAs, businesses, and individuals.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Dear Alexey,

My system shows you as “offline.” I have moved your question to our “Q&A” format to ensure that you are able to review my response and ask any questions you may have (or to follow up if I misunderstood or missed what you were asking for in the first place, as this sometimes happens in this type of forum).

I will respond to any questions you may have promptly, and will do my best to ensure that you receive the best answer possible.

Once I have answered your questions, please do not forget to rate my response so that I can receive credit for it.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX you,
Bill