Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA
19958803

I am a contractor and I do a lot of business by email. If

I am a contractor and I do a lot of business by email. If I send a bid to a customer and ask him to email me back with his okay. Is that a sufficient acknowledgement to have a binding contract?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
In a typical contract there must be an offer, acceptance, an intent to be bound, and some kind of consideration in order to have a binding contract. So if you email an offer, and it is accepted, if you forego other opportunities or begin to make plans based on the acceptance, that can be consideration that would make the contract binding.
.
It is always best to get some type of tangible evidence of consideration, such as a deposit, but the courts can find a contract exists even without actual cash in hand paid.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.