Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

For PaulMJD only, Aunt was court ordered judgement on husband

For PaulMJD only, Aunt was court ordered judgement on husband that lied and racked up credit card debt. She has his social security number but doesn't know how to go after garnishing his wages. How do business track down places of employment to garnish wages so that she can get her money. Right before I went bankrupt I know a place did it quick on me, what method and tools do they use to retrieve employment information of where to garnish wages at! Thanks, Paul!
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
She can track down his employers through a credit report check and can also go to court on a "debtor's examination," which is where the court orders him to disclose that information on his employers and she can then ask the court for garnishment orders to each of those employers in her writ of garnishment. Those are the two methods generally used to find out employers. If those fail, the only other method is to ask a court for a subpoena to the IRS for his tax returns, which the court will do only if the information cannot be located anywhere else.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”