Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

I need to open a corporation but i need a corporation that

I need to open a corporation but i need a corporation that does not show my name on business. I work for a company in Miami that brings chocolates and i will be bringing a similar product into NY.

bizlaw :

Hello, I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for. Will you be competing with your employer?

Customer:

yes i will

Customer:

not in a way. i work for the distributor of the brand, located in miami. The owners of the brand are from argentina but their business is miami and they have distributors in NY, LA and MIami.

bizlaw :

Without going through a ton of hoops the only place you can form an entity without disclosing either the owners or the officers is in Wyoming. They allow a LLC to be formed without disclosing the owners. That will maintain your privacy. However, you may have to make a disclosure in the biannual filing in NY if you have to register as a foreign LLC in NY. I am doing some checking on this issue and will give you an update. If I have answered your question please rate my answer excellent as that is how I am compensated. If you have more questions let me know. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

bizlaw :

The annual report has to be signed by a member so you may want someone else to be a member with you if you have to file as a foreign LLC in NY. If I have answered all your questions, please rate my answer excellent as that is how I am compensated. If you have more questions, please let me know.

Customer:

Would it be the same if the corporation is in NJ?

bizlaw :

In NJ the names and addresses of the members has to be listed so that is even a higher level of disclosure. If I have answered all your questions, please rate my answer excellent as that is how I am compensated. If you have more questions, please let me know.