Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.

I have a judgment against someone. I know which bank they

I have a judgment against someone. I know which bank they are using. My plan is to attack the funds in their checking account. What information do I need to know to serve the bank? I have his name, and social security number (as well as the judgment).

Do I need to know his account number? Do I have to serve a specific branch or can I simply serve the bank's headquarters in that State?

Thank you in advance.
Hi and Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you. I am happy to help you.

You need to serve an information subpoena and a restraining order on the bank. You do not need to have the account number and can serve the headquarters. However, you should have an address to help the bank distinguish the person (there may be multiple people with the same name). After it is restrained, then you need to notify the Sheriff to collect the money.

Here is a link to a form:

I hope this helps you. Regards, Damien
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the reply.

So, I don't need to know the branch where the account was opened?

Also, will the guy know I served the information subpoena? That would then give him time to move the money.

He is doing the dance where he is putting everything in the wife's name.

Hi Tal:

Sometimes I call or send the subpoena to the branch nearest the defendant and they usually will tell what address to send the subpoena or handle it. But other times, I send it to the bank's legal department.

The defendant will not know about the subpoena until the money is restrained and therefore cannot remove it. I hope this helps you. Regards, Damien
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

And this applies to New York? If it does, I am done here and thank you for your time. Kindly reply one more time. Thx.

Tai: Yes it applies to New York. Please provide a positive rating. Thank you! Damien