Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

Am i legally allowed to decorate and create 1 of a kind shoes

Am i legally allowed to decorate and create 1 of a kind shoes that contain materials and images such as Mickey Mouse, Spiderman or sports team logos or are these patent protected? Would it make a difference if an image of Spiderman was used and they were called web shoes not using the Spiderman name?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am LawGuy and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.

The basic answer is that those images are protected by US trademark and copyright and you would need to obtain a license from Disney or Marvel Comics in order to utilize those images or names on your shoe designs.

I hope this answers your question.

LawGuy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What if I am using licensed material that I have purchased from a fabric store?

You would still need your own license for the use of the images to incorporate them into your own product.images or names
Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my privilege to assist you and I hope you will ask for me (LawGuy) on JA/Pearl should the need arise in the future.

Good luck.

LawGuy