How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31173
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are starting an S-Corp business. This is already decided.

This answer was rated:

We are starting an S-Corp business. This is already decided. The question is can one of the shareholders be a C-Corp, if a regular entity, and not a non-profit or trust, etc.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Generally, no. The IRS prohibits any other type of corporation from owning shares of an S corp. Here's a link that explains this rule:

Roger and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions