Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I have a membership with Ultimate Power Profits, AKA Global

I have a membership with Ultimate Power Profits, AKA Global One. Founded by Scotty Evans. It is a legitimate business? Or is it another scam?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

This does not appear to be a very safe investment. While I cannot directly state that this is a scam, there is most definitely enough disgruntled comments online to justify thinking twice. What I did find is not encouraging--if you review their ranking with the Better Business Bureau, while they are not accredited, they are ranked as an "F", which is the worst ranking the BBB provides. Here is their link below:

http://www.bbb.org/southern-nevada/business-reviews/internet-marketing-services/global-one-companies-in-las-vegas-nv-90019209

For a company that has been in existence for less than 1 year, that is not a very positive indicator, and while I could not not find anything directly pointing to a scam, based on their information I would not recommend them as an investment.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for responding promptly. Before I give a rating, what and where are some the "disgruntled comments" you found?

Also, the BBB suggests considering other factors. Do you suggest any?

Thank you for your follow-up, Louis.

The website webmasters have great software to push down negative reports but they are available. Here is one of them, which happens to be from the North Carolina Attorney General's office.:

http://www.patrickpretty.com/2012/08/20/north-carolina-attorney-general-warns-watch-for-reload-scams-in-wake-of-zeek-collapse/

As for other factors, there are a few. One is if you know of anyone that you trust that had a good experience. Online is filled with negative reports, some true, some placed them by competitors so as to ruin the business. So any report should be taken carefully. Similarly your own experience with the company should be considered. You also need to evaluate how long the company has been in existence, how others in the industry stack up, how transparent they are with their information, management, company goals, and so forth.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the information. I read the article but it doesn't say anything about Global One. Do you believe the shoe fits? Perhaps another article?

I will say that while I received some money from Global One, it very little compared to what I have put in. Is this a bad omen or do you believe it is too early to say?

Thank you for your follow-up.

The shoe fits in this case, I am afraid--the 'M.O.' is the same and the business methods appear similar. Other than a barrage of their own marketing, I have not been able to find much, and that is also worrisome since that means they are using codewords to suppress push down negative leaning statements about them. To be frank nothing I've seen showed me that this is some sort of a 'better' plan or something that does not appear to be a different derivation of a scheme that will end up failing and losing your investment. I am sorry, genuinely.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Very good points. Before we end, do I have the option of being in another expert or is that a separate cost?

Louis,

If you are not satisfied with my answer, I can opt out and have a different professional evaluate. Typically you only need to rate the one you are satisfied with, so if you are not satisfied with my information, you do not rate me and I do not get compensated. If you wish for a second opinion, that is also possible but generally each person you rate then gets compensated for the evaluation. The choice is yours, please advise on which you wish to pursue. Thank you!