Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

If an indiviual has received permission to waive jury fees

If an indiviual has received permission to waive jury fees because of income. and is an per se case. WHAT ALL DOES THAT ENABLE HIM TO ACESSS. Can he have deposiution taken on his behalf by the court or is that not alloweed. What all is acessible when one cant afford it.
Court fees are different than out of court fees. Depositions are out of court fees and those are not covered by the fee waivers for the jury or any court associated fees for a pro se litigant. Thus, if you want depositions, I am afraid you have to pay for the court reporter to take those depositions and if you cannot afford depositions, then you have to subpoena the witnesses to trial and just have them testify in trial without depositions.

Unfortunately, very little in civil cases is accessible to litigants who cannot afford representation. The only provisions in the rules and the laws is the court can waive court type fees such as filing fees and court transcript fees and appeals fees and jury fees. This is the only power the court has. Any other costs associated with their cases for outside of court activities are the liability of the litigants and the court cannot waive those.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Thank you.