Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

We are looking to dissolve our New Hamsphire based sub chapter

We are looking to dissolve our New Hamsphire based sub chapter S corp. How do we go about filing the necessary paperwork to do this with the state and the IRS?

Thanks!
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. You will file Articles of Dissolution with the NH Secretary of State. You can obtain, complete, and file this form online at their website: http://www.sos.nh.gov/corporate/Corpforms.html

Then, with the IRS, it depends upon the activities of your NH corporation....i.e, employees? retirement plan? etc., etc. You can find a complete checklist at http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Closing-a-Business-Checklist

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!