Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I formed a new corporation in Delaware last year in January.

I formed a new corporation in Delaware last year in January. I understand that I need to file an annual report and pay a fee to the State Corporation at this time. Could you tell me what I need to file, and possibly give me the direct links to do so online?

In addition, it was originally setup as a C corporation where I owned all the shares, but I have since allocated 25% of the shares to my partner. Am I correct I should add the new officer, and the number of shares they hold when I file the new annual report?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you this morning.

To answer your second point first, you do need to file formal "Articles of Amendment" which would show the new ownership split to the State. Here is the link to that form:

As for filing an annual report, the state of Delaware makes the process fairly easy. Just follow the link below and file the whole report online--just follow the instructions, have a payment of $125 ready, and once you finish, you will be compliant:

Good luck!