MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701

Hi. I was thinking of making a business where I have a website

Hi. I was thinking of making a business where I have a website and give advice on disputes between couples. I am wondering if I can legally give advice since I have no degrees in psychology or law. I am assuming I would have to put a disclaimer saying my advice is anecdotal or something like that. Is it possible to give advice and receive money for it without licenses in law or psychology?
Hello and thank you for using the JA website. I look forward to being able to assist you.

There is no law that says that you have to have a degree in psychology in order to give genXXXXX XXXXXfe advice. You, of course, cannot hold yourself out as being a marriage therapist if you are not. You cannot give legal advice since you are not a lawyer and even if you were, you would not be able to give legal advice online. If you are giving general relationship advice though, anyone can give out relationship advice.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cani say I am a relationship expert? Or I can help solve your relationship issues?
The only thing that you would not be able to do would be to hold yourself off as having a license or degree that you don't have since that would be considered misrepresentation and/or fraud. You are free to discuss any credentials that you have, however, that show that you are an expert.