Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

An on-line clothing alteration business (not dry cleaning,

Customer Question

An on-line clothing alteration business (not dry cleaning, just making alterations) in the state of Maryland would need what/which business license for tax and resale purposes?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 3 years ago.

bizlaw :

There is no professional license required for the type of service you are providing. From what I understand your service is like a tailor. There appear to be no sales taxes on such services in MD so you will not need a sales tax license number. However, if you sell items as well as services, you will have to obtain a sales tax license to file your sales tax payments. As for other business licenses, you will need to check with your local town to see if you need a license to operate your business. You can check at your town hall. If you are actually selling the altered clothes you will need the sales tax license.

If you need further help please do not rate 1 or 2 stars/faces as these are not positive ratings for me. Just reply to me via the "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" or "REPLY" button with the questions you have. Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for. If I have answered your question please highly rate my answer as that is how I am compensated. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication