Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

STATE OF MINNESOTA ? can GARNISHED wages be garnished again

? can GARNISHED wages be garnished again by a second and different garnishment ?

current garnishment from IRS - second INTENT to GARNISH filed by party who received a JUDGEMENT against us ...

thanks, LEAR

XXX-XXX-XXXX or [email protected]

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Only 25% of your disposable income is subject to garnishment, and the first garnishment filed must be paid before the next one begins.

Thus, multiple garnishments can't occur at the same time. Instead, your first garnishment would have to complete, and then the second could start. Thus, the garnishments can both attach to your wages, but they can only do so one at a time.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

? are you based in Minnesota ?

? how do I contact you if future need arises ?

many thanks

No problem. Glad to help.

Unfortunately, we're not allowed to take on clients through this site, but if you have other questions I can help you with here, you can begin the post with "For Kirk" and I'll get it.