How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 115497
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently received an Order GRANTING the Defendants Motion

This answer was rated:

I recently received an Order GRANTING the Defendant's Motion to Dismiss a civil action I brought, which they argued (and the court agreed) that as an Individual I was not entltled to pursue an Action (Pro Se) that was based on a contract by my dissolved corporation, as FL law requires corporations to be represented by counsel.
Another attorney here at Just Answer agreed with me that I COULD bring it, because the action involved breach of a contract that had already been ruled in my favor by Ch-7 court, and as abandoned by the Ch-7 trustee, to me personally, as the sole shareholder, and principal unsecured creditor.
The Action was an "asset" and had been specifically assigned to me as part of the Corporation's dissolving, not to mention "abandoned" from the Corporation by Federal Court Order. The JUDGE who Granted the motion to Dismiss, did so "WITHOUT PREJUDICE" and gave me 30 days to get counsel and refile a Third Amended Complaint (I'd filed the original and the Second).
MY QUESTION IS: Do I need to file an appeal, or is there a more preliminary option available to me as a MOTION TO RECONSIDER. Ten days have passed, and I want to TOLL the time; so either I file a motion to reconsider and point out some things his ruling failed to address, Or, I file an Notice of Appeal. I am NOT SURE his ruling is a FINAL ORDER, so I don't know if a Motion to Reconsider is available, or practical if it is. Thanks.
You could file the motion to reconsider and you need to attach the assignment of the asset to you by true copies of the documents from the BK court and the trustee. You have to provide proof to the court the asset was assigned to you as separate personal property which would be the grounds for you to proceed pro se.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



All that was done in the complaint. Federal Order to Abandon; nunc pro tunc assignment of assets to me, notarized; etc.


I filed the complaint as if I was trying the case through it, even though I know how to keep it more conventionally focused and limited. I've also briefed myself on 1.530, which does NOT apply here, and will present this as a Motion To Reconsider (not rehearing), falling back on the Circuit Court's broad discretion before final judgment to reverse for good cause.