Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.

In New York what forms need to completed when a corporation

In New York what forms need to completed when a corporation is purchasing the assets of another corporation and what to use the assets of the purchased corporation as a DBA?
Hi and Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you. I am happy to help you. You would need an asset purchase agreement. You may be able to see a sample of one on line. But you would have to draft it specifically for your situation. Also, if the purchasing entity needs to incorporate, you would need to do that through the state department and also inform them of the dba. I hope this helps you. Regards, Damien
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Damiem Thanks The purchasing entity is incorporated. My question was what form or process is required by the state of new york to inform them of the DBA status of the entity that the assets were purchased from.

Hi again. It is called a certificate of assumed name. See Section 130 of the general business law. You should be able to get the certificate from the division of corporation of the state department website.I hope this helps you. Regards, Damien