Legalinfomd
Legalinfomd, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 24 years of experience in business law.
69220296

I had my back wooden porch wall painted about 2 weeks ago.

I had my back wooden porch wall painted about 2 weeks ago. their are a few key spots where paint is chipping odd. It appears that the painter only used about 1 coat of paint with no primer. The work was sublet-ed out to the contractor from the owner of the business who is supposed to be coming by today to pick up the balance owed to him. Since it was a very poor painting job, how do i resolve this? not pay him and tell him to fix it first ?

Legalinfomd :

Hello. I will respond to your question.

Legalinfomd :

You should point out the problems to the contractor and explain that payment is due when the job is completed, but that the job has not been completed. Therefore, payment will not be made at this time. The work was of inferior quality. Tell him that you will pay the balance due as soon as the problem is corrected.

Customer:

Ok, but what if he trys blaming the paint chipping on the paint?

Legalinfomd :

Who supplied the paint, you or the contractor?

Customer:

contractor

Customer:

dunn edwards brand

Legalinfomd :

Since the contractor supplied the paint, he is resonsible for both the work and the materials. So if he used inferior or defective paint, he would have to strip it and repaint it if he wants to get paid.

Legalinfomd :

I hope that this information has been helpful. Please be sure to click on a positive for my response so that I will be compensated for my time. Thank you and good luck with the contractor.

Customer:

ok. thanks for your help.

Legalinfomd :

You are welcome.