I can also tell you the most critical things you want to make sure you address in your Operating Agreement:
1) Initial Contributions
2) Additional Contributions, if necessary
3) With regard to (2), are they required or optional; if made, are they treated as loans with a preference or as contributions which change ownership?
4) How are profits and losses allocated?
5) How and when are distributions to be made?
6) How is the LLC managed? Vote required for operating decisions? For major decisions?
7) Compensation to owners for working? Limitations on other compensation to owners and affiliates to keep anyone from re-directing money
8) limits on competition; Non-disclosure of trade secrets
9) What happens on death, divorce, or if someone wants out? How to value interests?
10) Rights of first refusal regarding sale of ownership interests and/or sale of business.